Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Curt = The Man

I am so happy that we recorded a win tonight. Cora's defensive work was really key tonight. I love it when it's obvious how hard guys are working to prove their worth. It's like the honeymoon period of acquisition. It can go either way - you know, if they try TOO hard, but Cora was pretty cool-looking. I think he was charged with one error, but hey, Renteria was charged with at least one during this game, too.

Hyzdu was brought back yet again. It's so up and down with him. You're in the majors, you're sent down, you get traded, you get traded back. Some dudes are okay with the bouncing around, though. Dauber, Merloni, and even Burkhart (you know how much I loved Morgan Burkhart).

So, Curt. He was back. Really back. It got me excited. I can't wait to watch him close again.

I've got a good feeling about tomorrow. We should be able to take this series, no problem.

3 Comments:

At 10:04 AM, Blogger Rebecca said...

I know you did not have the benefit of sound for this game. earlier they talked about how great it was to have curt in for a tie game, since he can go for a long time. ( like we ought to have had on sunday night. or monday night.)

yes, he is the man, and I think he may be liking his role. I know you think we may need a real closer, but I suspect we may keep him there for the duration, if he continues to like it.

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger Jere said...

I'd kinda like to have Curt Nopain as one of the starters for the playoffs. (Tito did say something about him eventually starting yesterday, too.)

And this little experiment will allow him to get used to the possibilty of pulling a Wakefield and coming into close in a semi-emergency in the playoffs.

And when he is starting, and things don't work out with Foulke, we've got the rock that is Timlin to step right in.

But then again, if Curt is lights out every night, maybe they would just keep him there, with Timlin in the eighth.

All I know is, we're winning this division because we're the only major league team in it.

 
At 12:05 AM, Blogger Rebecca said...

the rock that is timlin? 3 hits, two strikeouts & a pick-off?

theo must have something up his sleeve.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home