Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Game 10 Tonight

Well, I'm off to play my last softball game of the regular season. Playoffs start next week, but my team captain thinks that we will have a bye that week. Wish the green lots of luck tonight.

Oh, and just because I haven't mentioned how angry I am with Keith "Foulkin' Up, Left and Right," doesn't mean that I am not downright steamed. I just keep telling myself: D-Lowe went through a stretch of garbage (understatement) last year. And I was might MIGHTY angry. He turned it around, though, and was his brilliant sinker-ball self when push came to shove. I think the real issue, though, is that Keith's role is to save. That's what he's getting the big bucks for. So, I hope this gets turned around soon. With luck, Foulke will put a bunch of saves on the board by October and we won't get nervous watching him exit the pen anymore. I don't know. I've got nothing.

3 Comments:

At 2:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Timlin looked good tonight but Wake saved the day. I think they will probably DL, Foulke to let him get his supposed physical and apparent mental problems fixed.

 
At 7:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They sent him back to Boston before last night's game. Brad's thinking a Wagner (not Urbina) for Foulke trade if the Phils give up before July 31. I think it is going to be very close for the only playoff berth from the AL East if they don't get rid of him and get a new closer. Timlin ain't it, and all they are missing is a closer.

26-12! Way to go, green shirts and their RBI slugger who runs out every hit.

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger Kim said...

I only had 1 RBI, but thanks for the praise! Trading Foulke seems very drastic to me, but maybe I just haven't taken the whole scope of it in quite yet. I trust Theo. He doesn't sleep at night so that we all can. Black Betty (Timlin) will probably be closing for the time being, anyway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home