Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Another Blog

So, I've actually started yet another blog. Technically, it's a place for me to post some writing I have been doing, although I will still accept comments.

In my so-called professional life, I am a "Project Manager." And to a lot of folks, this label is meaningless. It's vague and confusing. No one seeks higher education in the art and science of Project Management. At least, not intentionally. Some days, I question how even I landed here in this fun little world filled with spreadsheets and hot lists and mitigation planning. So, I embarked on a journey of self discovery, attempting to unveil those pivotal moments in my career that led me down this path.

So far, I've posted 3 things:

1. An Introduction
2. Chapter 1: Nashville, TN
3. The Professional Martyr’s Catalog (this isn't a chapter - I think of it as more of an "insert" or break in the action)

Oh, and don't worry. I've changed the names to protect the (not so) innocent and I would never EVER be foolish enough to include anything - good or bad - about my present employer. Additionally, none of the names of the companies or affiliates have been mentioned. I should be in the clear.

4 Comments:

At 10:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As someone who's about to embark n a fun and exciting career shift of his own, these were a good read. Thanks.

 
At 7:37 AM, Blogger Kim said...

Glad you enjoyed them, Andrew. And good luck with your new professional life! May the force be with you.

 
At 11:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bob?????
I would have hoped you'd have embellished me to be "Brad" or "Brendan". Bob sounds so much like "angry office guy". Oh wait, that was me. Never mind. Nice work, love the stories.
Now I have to get back to my fuckin job. :)
Love,
Bob

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger Kim said...

Bob - yeah, that's me at my creative best.

Brandon is ok, but wasn't that guy on 90210 called Brandon? Ew. Brad just reminds me of Brad and Janet from the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Bob is good. Remember that Captain Bob guy who used to draw things on his boat and take you through each stroke so that you could draw along? He was cool and I looked forward to that show every week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home