Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Mmmmmm Bop

I should probably be nervous about our bullpen and closing situation, but it seems that there are options. Timlin is ready to rock and roll once Curt gets back in the rotation on Thursday. I guess Foulke is still questionable, especially since getting smacked by a Trot hit during a simulated game. Did I hear this right? (Speaking of: Trotter is back for the attack after missing 22 games or so, and I don't mean that in a Dokken kind of way). I am guessing that we aren't going to get a lot out of him - at least not for a little while. So, I suppose that leaves the possibility of Craig Hansen coming up. And some people seem pretty excited about this.

His profile shot is sort of brooding:



He gets high marks for nicely manicured eyebrows. Here's his scouting report:

Hansen's fastball has topped out in the high 90s, and he consistently hits the mid-90s. He also possesses an excellent high-80s slider.  A fierce competitor who has an excellent closer mentality. Does not walk many batters. Named "closest to the majors" of all players in the 2005 draft.

I haven't seen him in action up in Portland, but I hear good things.

Then there's Papelbon-bon-bon. Could be used to start or to come out of the bullpen. So far, he's been performing well with a 2.25 ERA. I am comfy-cozy with him in the mix, at least while Wake is being watched and Wells is on suspension.

I am sensing the muppets coming on ... you've been warned ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home