Friday, August 12, 2005

A Racist Feller

Has anyone else heard/read/seen anything about the Bob Feller interview that was conducted by a St. Louis sportscaster that went terribly array? I heard the (replay of the) interview during the commute on WEEI yesterday morning and it was horribly racist and appalling. Feller bluntly stated that Caribbean players don't know the rules of baseball. He repeated this over and over, and grew angry and impatient when the sportscaster asked him specifically what rules all of the Caribbean players are somehow unaware of. Finally, Bob hung up and the sportscaster (who I believe is not white) accused him of being a racist on the air. Rightfully so. I cannot find a shred of information online and I just thought I would put this out there to you all, in case you've heard anything. Do I have the wrong racist baseball old timer?

This happened just days after the story broke about Larry Krueger in San Francisco.

Shame on them both.

I'll be away this weekend, but in attendence at Saturday night's game. Be back on Sunday night - and if I'm not too exhausted, I'll recap the weekend.

Anyone else think that Mark Buehrle



looks like:

?

AHHHHHHHHHH!

By the way, I am really loving Graffanino.

5 Comments:

At 10:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

is this the interview?
http://thegbshow.com/interviewsbaseball.html
It has all the baseball interviews on this page, you have to select the Bob Feller one to play it. I can't listen, my computer won't play it, but maybe you can.

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Kim said...

It's archived, and there isn't an active link. Doh.

 
At 11:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/2005-08-12-feller_x.htm

It seems that Mr Feller was sayiing that the carribean players dont know the rules because of language issues, and he vehemently denies he has racist views. My opinion: why single out carribean players if you dont have some racist feelings. Surely Matsui and Ichiro have language issues too, so wouldnt they have the same problems?
Smells a tad fishy too me...
joey the greyhound

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Joey! You're back!

Thanks for the information. Not to make assumptions, but I'd be willing to bet that a guy who comes out with statements like this has issues with every other non-white race. They probably just don't have to do with baseball. Jerk.

 
At 11:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn’t it interesting that the actor who played “Sam the Butcher,” Alan Melvin, was the voice of Magilla Gorilla. Speaking of which, why couldn’t Mr. Peebles of Peeble’s pet store just GIVE Magilla Gorilla to Ogee? Just what was his problem. And why couldn’t Mr. Peebles sell a gorilla that could talk and dress itself? Even the Primate Institute run by Harvard would pay top dollar.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home