Saturday, September 24, 2005

O Yeah

Wowie, what a game! It felt like the playoffs, and I have a feeling that they will continue to do so, from here on out. Of the division + the WC, there's only room for 2 teams to advance to the playoffs and there are 3 teams in equal contention at this moment. Well, actually, if we had to go right now, the Sox and the Yankees would have to play a tie breaker, but you get the idea. It's intense.

I had to walk away a few times tonight, especially in the 9th after Timlin allowed a run to score. I eased my anxiety by brushing my cat, which is something I sort of needed to do anyway, judging from how much fur I took off his body.

Hansen was not terrible. I mean, he wasn't a train wreck or anything. He gave up a homer, yes, and a single, I think, but his composure wasn't lost and his fastball is up there, so maybe his next relief outing will be better,

What struck me as sort of weird was Matt's ability to work himself out of jams. Like, insane jams. Giving up tons of walks, loading the bases up and then - poof - out of the inning unscathed.

The drama was so high in today's game, you would think it was scripted. I am sure that I think this simply because the Truman Show is on. Back to back showings on TNT. Looks like I am about to get sucked in.

I am really pumped for tomorrow's game. May the Yanks tank again.

1 Comments:

At 10:54 AM, Blogger Rebecca said...

this pennant race seems scripted. everything in the rivalry seems scripted. and last year's post-season definitely seemed scripted. It's all just so perfect. That's why I think the skanks are going to miss the play-offs by a hair in the end - because they've got it coming to them and it would just be SO PERFECT.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home