Tuesday, October 25, 2005

I foamed - I raved - I swore!

The latest.

And the hands of the clock tick louder and louder as time passes, like the tell tale heart. How will the end of this tale be? Will Theo be secure in his position with us, or will he and Larry not see eye-to-eye on something as piddly as several thousand dollars (the additional money, Epstein will probably throw into local charity anyway)? Sort of ironic that it is fated to end on Halloween. The only thing that would have been more appropriate would be April Fool's Day because I keep asking myself - are they serious? You know, with the nickel and diming. Do they think that they have a shot at another WS victory without Theo? Maybe they do. He's fattened up the farm system and he's built an October-style team, so hey, thanks a lot, Theo, for all your wonderful hard work. Thanks for the soul sweat. I guess we can take it from here. Good luck, ole boy.

I'm sure we'll have our Theo back by then. Honestly, even if they decided to go with someone else and hand over all of Theo's formulated spreadsheets and detailed reports and secret spells, how long do you predict it would take to get all fucked up? (Seriously, how long? This is a survey.)

3 Comments:

At 11:25 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

That's the problem. Lucchino is TOO wise, wise enough to make him stupid. There is always a hidden agenda with him, and you're either a friend or an enemy. There is NO in between. Sort of like our so-called President.

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger Kim said...

I didn't know that Larry was such a jackass. In fact, I must be a complete sucker because I thought it was peaches and cream between the two of them.

Buca - I can't stand Bud Selig. He's such a Yankee fan. It must have killed him that the Sox not only went to the world series, but actually won. Especially after he said "no" to us for A-Rod, but "yes" to the Yanks. And we got the last laugh. Anyway, it doesn't surprise me that he might be involved in pulling a stunt like this. It's ok to let Cashman make ridiculous money, but you'd better watch out for those sneaky Red Sox. Oh, come on!

I still think that Larry would make a better president than GW.

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger Rebecca said...

I refuse to consider this possibility seriously enough to project a prediction - not until the axe flies... it's just too depressing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home