Friday, October 14, 2005

Shame

The idea of offering Theo Epstein 750,000 bucks - the same salary as Chuck LaMar, former GM of the Devil Rays - is insulting, to say the least. Theo is a GM God who has delivered countless hours of his brilliance over the last 3 years, not to mention the first World Series Championship in 86 years. Are you kidding me, Larry? Where's the candid camera? If Theo walks, I will riot. And I'm not the "rioting" kind, but trust me, I will do it.

Read all about it here.

Simply appalling.

6 Comments:

At 12:11 PM, Blogger Jere said...

"according to an industry source with knowledge of the talks"

So who knows how credible this is. Plus, they said 750,000 "isn't too much less" than what they offered Theo. That could mean 750,001, or 1.2 mil, depending on how you look at it.

So I'm just not gonna look at it. Until they start giving me facts.

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Kim said...

I really wish this stuff didn't leak out because it makes me crazy. Now I have to deal with the stressful thought that Theo could possibly leave and go elsewhere for more casholla and that is sickening.

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

It's all part of the intricate Red Sox PR machine that leaks info like an old engine leaks oil. I hope they don't screw him......but he is a younger, less experienced GM who should not expect millions. Don't worry, the Red Sox current 'brASS" just likes to make us worry.

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Sam said...

Is there ANY member of RSN who thinks it would be a bad idea to resign Theo? I have yet to run across one.

So how could it possibly be that no one in the front office has the same outlook?

*gnaws nails*

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger Kim said...

I think it is all a ploy to make up for the white knuckly ride we didn't get in the post-season. Argh.

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Your bio pic makes Jere's bio pic blush. He's just a kid!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home