Friday, October 21, 2005

Wells, You Big Silly

I can't believe that David Wells is ready to pack up for the west coast, especially after all the compliments I sent his way. I publicly stood corrected for him and now he wants to go home. Ah, well. He may have requested the relocation, but that doesn't mean it's going to happen.

And now from the gallery of the Ghosts of Halloweens Past ...

1998. Group costume: A Quartet of Crack Ho Girl Scouts.



The gal on the left is Chandra. That's me in the middle, proudly showing the viewer my heroin needle. Heather is on the right, flashing an evil, naughty grin. Kara (Mo) is taking the picture. What you hardly see in this shot is my extended belly. I masqueraded as "the pregnant one" and I have a separate photo of Chandra kissing my pregnancy bump (AKA a round pillow under my jumper) for good luck. Those reddish accessories on our sashes are condoms (which I guess would have been useless for me, since I had ye ole bun in the oven) and our merit badges say things like "AK2" (that's short for the a cappella punk band we were in during our early college years - ANKARA2. If you could catch a close-up, you'd see that the A is done up anarchy-style. Seems I've seen this somewhere. Recently. Hmmm.). That's my old apartment, too, in Winter Hill (Somerville). Note the Jane's Addiction poster to the left of Chandra. It was Jane's Live, and I think I may have purchased this in a clove cigarette smelling poster shop on South Street in Philly.

1977. Fortune Teller



That's me with my dad. This is before he started looking like Dennis Franz. He was actually pretty cute back in the 70s. Damn, I miss the guy.

2 Comments:

At 1:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait... you know Rosie O'Donnell? "The gal on the right..." I say dump blubber boy. My prediction is that he comes back pushing three C's. He won't be able to get his chubby sausage fingers on the seams, for Pete's sake. I met Dennis Franz at a broadcast media convention. He smelled like Old Spice and body odor -- BARF! Hey, you're pretty hot. I'm going to a Halloween party as Schilling's "bloody" sock. Or was it Shonda's nail polish?

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Buca - Yeah, that's how I heard the Wells request, too (polite). I think they are going to try to accomodate. Thanks for liking the pic of me and my dad.

Ink - You would be surprised how often Heather has been compared to Rosie O'Donnell. Heather is, of course, much prettier and sweeter. Have fun as the sock. That ought to be interesting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home