Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Rumor Mill

So, Kerry and I had a conversation about the "real story" behind Manny's insistence to leave Boston. I really hadn't considered the possibility, and since I try to avoid D and C in the mornings, I wasn't aware of the rumors. Evidently, and you didn't hear this from me, Manny may or may not have been "friendly" with another woman and his wife may or may not have pressured him to leave Boston in an effort to cut ties with this particular female for good.

I honestly have no idea how much truth there is to this, but it sort of explains the hush-hush nature of the "reasons behind" the urgency to be traded. Maybe his wife threatened to leave him if he didn't comply. Interesting that the team of choice is all the way on the other side of the country. Also, Papi recently said "Manny is not returning to Boston ... Manny lives a difficult situation that only he and his family know about, and he does not want to play there ..." I posted this excerpt last month, but it made no sense to me at the time.

You know, I don't care if a player chooses to fool around on his wife. It's none of my business. But if these rumors are true (remember, none of this was sanctioned by a reputable source), I will be truly pissed off because it means that the fooling around has hurt my team. And we're probably getting crap in place of one of the greatest offensive threats to grace the game.

Also, Kerry informed me that Nomar (or his agent) contacted the Yankees and asked if they needed a utility player. Please know that hearing this made me cry a little.

2 Comments:

At 12:57 PM, Blogger Jere said...

Read the Nomar thing at yankees.com. It was their "#1" story as of yesterday. Cashman took a shot at him though, which indicates they don't even want him.

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Poor Nomie. He went from being on the top of the world to, well, the humiliating place he is currently residing in. He is so undeserving.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home