Monday, January 30, 2006

It's Official

Crisp is now a member of the Red Sox. That's great - what more is there to say? I hope he consistently gets on base. Also, I hope he makes some awesome defensive plays. I would love to hear Remy say something like:

Wow, I don't even think that Damon could have done that!

Or:

Did you see how quickly Coco got the ball in, there? Happened so fast, I didn't even see it. Blink of an eye.

Also, it would be great if Coco broke his stolen bases record on our watch.

Here's what FO had to say about Crisp:

''Coco is a guy we had identified quite a ways back," Epstein's assistant, Jed Hoyer, said last night. ''In September we were kind of concerned the secret was out and we weren't going to be able to get him. It was clear we were going to have a tough negotiation with Johnny, and Coco was the top guy on our list."

(Ouch)

Also:

''Coco was fantastic in the games that mattered most down the stretch," said Hoyer.

(Yowza)

At worst, this stuff could become fodder for Johnny to prove that he was worth the additional 3 mil. At best, these statements make me giddy with excitement and anticipation for the season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home