Thursday, February 02, 2006

Johnny Be Delusional

Poor Johnny Damon. I know I probably shouldn't care - and, honestly I don't - but, Johnny is losing it. Obviously, he's been following the Sox comings and goings and has been steeping in sour grapes. You know, the whole "we've been after Coco for a year" stuff. I think that Johnny wanted to validate the dumbass decision he made to go to the Yankees so he (a) put his own spin on things and (b) made some weird pleas for Manny and Papi to come over to the Yankees. This - after getting a brand new Ferrari that he hardly needs. Sound familiar? Pedro did this, too, when he became a Met. It's like they want their cake and they want to eat it, too. News Flash: Fantasy baseball is for fans only. You signed your name on the dotted line and now you've got to live with the decision and all it entails. Also, I think that Damon is missing out on a key fact in all of this - the Red Sox made him a really decent offer and he turned it down. Obviously, Damon was their first choice. Otherwise, why would they have extended him such a sweet deal? He's the one who thumbed his nose at it for a pittance more. And his dumb butt agent apparently didn't give the Sox an opportunity to counteroffer. Do I wish the Red Sox could have reached an agreement with Damon before the Yankees got seriously involved? Yes, of course I do. But I honestly think that Damon is to blame for his current situation more than anyone and it's obvious that he has regrets. It's a tough life lesson, Johnny, and you haven't learned the half of it. I've witnessed booing in my day, but something tells me that yours is going to be deafening and endless.

2 Comments:

At 4:10 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

I didn't think he would be boo-d at first, but now I KNOW it's going to be downright ugly for someone. Hellooo Johnnie.

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Maybe the booing won't penetrate that thick skull of his.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home