Thursday, March 23, 2006

A Bit of a Recap

Among all the other reasons to dislike Sheffield, add liar to the list. I wish these guys would simply admit it. In the long run, I think it works in their favor. Giambi had a rough patch after coming clean, and as much as I can't stand that lizard-faced bastard, I respect him for being honest. The downside to that is people are going to constantly scrutinize your physique. And if you excel, your past steroid use will come into question. It stinks, but at least you don't go down in baseball history as a liar and a cheater. Just a cheater.

Anyway, I caught the lion's share of the game last night and I have to say that I was very impressed with Pena's plate production. Additionally, Stern came up with not one, but two homers. He did Jere proud. Stern's bat is really hot right now. I wonder if this is going to give him any major league playing time early into the season. Probably not, but at least we know that he'll get plenty of at bats in Pawtucket.

Pap's pitching was pretty solid. The big stinker of the night was Riske, who nailed Jeter in the kidney (which was somehow "retaliation" for a Myers hit batter) and Sturtze finished off the battle by plucking Lowell. Are we adults or what? We're intentionally hitting batters in a spring training game? I'll tell you something - I don't like Riske. I think he's trying to channel Bellhorn or something with his hair which just further pisses me off. He's trouble down the road. And he's not very impressive a pitcher.

Timlin struck Damon out, which I thought was sort of amusing. I wonder what Johnny was thinking on his way back to the dugout. Overall the Yankees were pretty productive. They got that chain reaction Yankee thing going for a little while. But, in the end, they just squeaked by with a 1 run lead. Bernie Williams was on fire, while Giambi got on base because of a wild pitch. Were Jeter's parents there? Anyone? They should do a reality show called, "We're Jeter's Parents."

While on the subject of parents, I would like to personally thank Johnny Damon for thoroughly disgusting my mother by donning his new uniform. Way to go, trader.

Speaking of reality shows, I missed Black.White last night because of (a) the game and (b) going to a certain dinner with a certain published author and her husband (jealous, anyone?). I'm going to check to see if they are airing the episode again before next Wednesday. And I haven't forgotten about that post. Special thanks to Empy for sharing her feelings on the show and, as always, for the accuracy of her perception. Empy indeed rocks.

3 Comments:

At 4:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WCSG, Did you hear Gonzaga lost to UCLA 71-70 Mbah a Moute made a key steal with 2.6 seconds to go Morrison bent down to the floor hands on his head fighting back tears in his final game in a gonzaga uniform He is supposed to go PRO.

 
At 7:05 AM, Blogger Kim said...

Final score was 73-71, I read on Yahoo! this morning. I hope he does go pro. I love that kid.

 
At 7:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout out, WCSG. I'm really looking forward to your Black. White. post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home