Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Boring Bonds

Is anyone else beat down by the Bonds steroid scandal? I am officially at the point of not caring. Barry Bonds is not my favorite person and from the evidence that I've been subjected to through articles and interviews and news reports, it looks as though Bonds was a frequent user. So, I wasn't stunned to find out that there's a new book coming out riddled with attempts to prove Barry's guilt. It appears that the authors were on a mission to take him all the way downtown with this one. It's all business. I just think it's tragic. Bonds was a phenomenal player without the drugs. He was probably even a future hall of famer. It's just too bad that a man blessed with such ability needed to pull an Icarus. Like Steinbrenner, but in his own way. And if he was indeed as heavy a user as they say, his body will pay the price. I hope it was worth it to him.

In Red Sox news, today's game was a total pooper. 12-1, Marlins. Wowzers. I didn't think that the Marlins had any players left after this winter. Who knew?

The current Spring Training record for the Sox, even though it's totally meaningless: 5W, 4L.

5 Comments:

At 11:04 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

we've won 5? I don't think the games against the college teams count in our grapefruit league record. not that it matters. still it's pretty depressing. mlb.tv is not covering any sox games this week, so it's hard for me to tell WTF's going on down there.

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Kim said...

They show up on the March schedule as wins, so I figured they counted. But, really, none of these game count for much.

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Like Reb, I thouight we'd only won 1. So much for Spring training's importance while it's this early. Yest. game, for instance. I did not know ANY of the Sox pitchers..good thing, considering the results.

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Pap started yesterday's game, I think. He was yanked after an inning, at which time only like one run had scored.

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Actually, Pap went 3. 2 runs, 4 hits. 2 Ks, no walks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home