Friday, March 03, 2006

Friday News Flash

Bad News:

• We lost the spring training opener to the Twins.

• Papelbon took it good in the shin yesterday. Also, he gave up 2 earned runs, 4 hits and a walk in less than 2 innings. Ouchie. He doesn't strike me as the kind of guy to get rattled and lose the "eye of the tiger" over this, though.

Good News:

• Coco Crisp went 3 for 3, including an "almost" homer. He looked great at the plate.

• It's only an exhibition game. I wouldn't be any more happy if we had won.

Just News:

Our stars are heading off to play in the World Baseball Classic today. I'm just not into it. I sort of see the point, I guess, but it's too close to the regular season and I worry about injuries. I watched a little of the Japan vs. China game this morning. Mainly for Ichiro. Hopefully, the Classic will shine light on international players that we wouldn't otherwise have an opportunity to enjoy. Otherwise, it's just kind of shuffling the same players around and having them compete against eachother. It doesn't light my fire. I'd like to see the DR vs Venezuela game (3/7). Bobby Abreu, Anibel Sanchez, A-Gon (that one's a stretch), and I-Can't-Believe-Manny-Robbed-Me-of-a-Homer Miguel Cairo vs. Papi, Colon, Pedro, Soriano, Tejada, Pujols, Guerrero. I'm pretty sure that the DR team is going to kick serious ass. Their matchups seem really unbalanced. They play Italy (Piazza, DiNardo and no Rocco Baldelli) on the 9th and Australia (Huber, Moss) on the 10th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home