Wednesday, March 29, 2006

I'll Miss Ya

Do any former Sox players have anything nice to say on their way out of town? Sheesh!

Good luck in Kansas City, Gonzo.


At 10:39 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

The way he was treated this year by the club, it's amazing he was not more unkind. And I agree with him. And I hope he has a great year too.

At 11:23 AM, Blogger BS Memorial said...

Keep in mind Tony elected to sign with Kansas City not two years ago, even despite interest from Boston.

He lost a couple bucks in the shuffle, but offering him arbitration to receive a draft pick in compensation is just good business. They didn't get the draft pick, but they're not on the hook for his salary either.

At 4:57 PM, Blogger 01245 said...

Honestly, I would have liked the Sox to have found a place for him, but if going to the Royals means that he actually gets to play, then I'm all for it.

I wish the comments were more positive when dudes leave the club. If you look at it through the lens of an optimist, I suppose it means that our club kicks so much ass, guys hate to leave and they say so as they pack their gear.

I just hope it doesn't get to a point where the turnover is so high, no one gets to know eachother anymore and the chemistry of the team suffers.


Post a Comment

<< Home