Monday, March 13, 2006

Monday Night Drivel

First of all, will you look at this adorable cat?



I've had him for 13 years or so and he still makes kitty faces. His name: Obi Wan. He's not much of a Jedi Master, though. At 15 pouinds, he's more like Jabba the Hut. He's been with me through thick and thin. We've moved everywhere from Nashville (where he was born) to south Jersey to Boston to Philadelphia and back to Boston. He's never lied to me, never cheated on me (at least to my knowledge, though I used to suspect that, occasionally, he snuck out of my apartment back in the mid-nineties to hang around with my elderly downstairs neighbor and pretended to be his cat), and never kept secrets from me. He's been nothing but loving and loyal the entire time I've had the pleasure of knowing him. He still sleeps at my feet, all these years later. As cats go, he's a perfect 10.

Switching gears - if I had a Red Sox crystal ball, the first thing I think I might want to know is whether or not Foulke is going to have it this year. I'm pretty sure that Papelbon would like to know the answer to this, as well. I may even make a special appointment with Madame Ruby to discuss the outcome. I'll let you know if I can get penciled in before the official season starts. She was right about Ramirez, after all. I haven't been super impressed with Pap's work in the Grapefruit League, but Spring Training is just that. Training. An opportunity to get actual pitching experience and adjust. I am really rallying behind him. I know he wants a spot in the starting rotation, and I'm sure he would excel in this role, but if Foulke craps out, I hope they groom him for closing. He could be our Mariano. Speaking of - I know I've complained about this before, in my old blog, I think. But I hate the fact that every time I hear "Enter Sandman" on the radio, I am reminded of The Skull aka Rivera. I really liked that tune. And, they play "Welcome to the Jungle" a lot during games, particularly if the game is close and they've got runners in scoring position. What? Yankee Stadium is the only place that opposing teams should feel intimidated? Jerks.

And Clemens, here's a message to you - you're either in or your out. None of this "I can change my mind this summer" baloney. What do you think this is? A game of horseshoes? You're almost retired? You bore me, already.

6 Comments:

At 3:27 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Cute Kitty. I have a wonder cat too. In fact, I had 2, but his brother passed away in '01 at 12. But Boo Boo is still here, doing well, slower but well. He'll be 18 in May and I don't know what I'd do without him. Really.

 
At 11:17 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

cats rock.

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger Sam said...

Your cat is fantastic. All cats are fantastic. In fact I think we should have a Red Sox Fans Post About Their Cats Day just because it would be THAT FANTASTIC.

'Tho I must admit I'm surprised you don't have a black cat. ;)

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Glad you're still with one kitty, Peter.

Reb - two very true words.

Sam - I did have a black cat named Greta. For 7 years. Five pounds of fiesty. I had to put her to sleep a year and a month ago. She was a stray when I got her. Declawed and left to her own defenses. And she was teeny. She intimidated the crap out of OB, pretty much from day 1. Greta is an anagram for great. And she totally was.

 
At 6:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Obi's looking good! He's a dead ringer for Morris the cat...now that I look with an unbiased eye.
We hope to pick up a new kitty on Saturday. My hopes is that the dogs will train her to come to the door when we get home and bark.

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Kim said...

Steve - Do you still have the other cat? Is she ok? I'm waiting until I move into a bigger place before I commit to another cat for Obi.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home