Friday, March 10, 2006

No Canada?

Well, Canada is close to elimination. Their survival depends upon a loss from the USA today (USA Today!). From mlb.com:

The Canadians needed to defeat Mexico to win a spot outright or at least lose by two runs or less in order to escape a three-way tiebreaker with the U.S. and Mexico and win one of the top two positions in Pool B.

Instead, they got their asses handed to them by Mexico. At least Stern shined with his inside the park homer on Wednesday, as well as some good defensive moves overall. This bodes well for we Sox fans. The Dominican Republic are 2-0. I'm pretty sure that we all saw that one coming. Korea swept through their division, and Puerto Rico has an impressive ERA of 1.00. They are going to duke it out with Cuba tomorrow. Oh, and I guess Andruw Jones couldn't carry the Netherlands. They lost both of their first games.

In case any of you are interested, David Sedaris is performing at Symphony Hall on May 3rd as part of their celebrity series. Tickets are still available. I've read all of his books and I've listened to him on NPR (he sometimes reads his stories on This American Life), but I've never seen him live and I hear he is side-splittingly funny.

You know, on my drive in to work today, I got to thinking about cassette tapes. Mainly, their versatility and durability. I love CDs and I thoroughly enjoy making mixed CDs, but I miss creating medleys. I used to really enjoy making music montages on cassette. Recording snippets from different songs on theme. Is there any way to do this on CD, and I'm just a bonehead who can't figure it out?

I guess I'll go see Game 6 soon. I think I've been avoiding it because I didn't want to feel "let down" or disappointed going into the season. I have heard a lot of positive feedback (Rebecca and Jere went to a showing in NYC together a week or so ago. They've both reviewed it on their respective sites). Game 6, though, will have to get in line behind the new Chapelle movie. Kerry and I are planning on seeing it tonight after sufficiently stuffing ourselves with nachos.

The Red Sox board the Pennsylvania Express starting today -- they play the Phillies at 1:05, and then tomorrow they take on the Pirates (Ahoy, Howard!), which will be broadcast on NESN (also 1:05 PM).

6 Comments:

At 11:39 AM, Blogger Rebecca said...

BSM gives Chappelle a raving review.

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger Kim said...

It's supposed to be awesome. I am really excited to see it!

 
At 2:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loewen (Double AA last year) went 4 shutout innings against the U.S., Chen went 5 and left leading Cuba, Lopez gave up only one run to U.S., Bedard pitched well too. Watch out if there is any hitting with men on base this year!

PD

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

The Chappelle movie got 4 out of 5 stars in the Hartford Courant. But Billy Joel is in town tonight, and it's a Friday night to boot. WOW! Reb should be walking in here in 30 minutes or so. First time meeting, and it will be a great night. I'm sure she and definitly me will write about it tomorrow. Take care WCG.

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Hey PD - Good news for your pitching staff. I hope Millar bears more fruit for you guys this season than he did for us last year.

Peter - Have a good, safe time.

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Thanks..I'll take good care of her. And me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home