Friday, March 03, 2006

Oh, Canada

As a way to try to "get into" the WBC, I've decided to select a team to root for. I'm going with Canada, for no other reason but the fact that I am 75% French-Canadian. Ok, one other reason: People are either indifferent or hateful toward the Canadians. I figure, me and Mike Myers will be the only ones cheering for this team. This, as well as the Netherlands team (Andruw Jones being the only major help, there) are true underdogs.

This will give me a whole new appreciation for Adam Stern. Hey, I also get to rally behind Matt (I'd rather take the) Stairs.

Still, this is all really weird.

3 Comments:

At 2:04 PM, Blogger twitch124 said...

I wasn't really into the WBC either, but I've started eating the national food of at least one of the day's competitors and rooting for that one. So far it's been Taiwanese BBQ eel with sticky rice and Japanese shabu shabu hot pot.

 
At 6:45 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Don't forget dessert!

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Twitch - That is really good motivation.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home