Friday, April 14, 2006

Catch Up

So, I had my first game in the beloved shrine of baseball heavenliness that is Fenway on Wednesday night. And lame as I am, I only snapped two pics. The first is of Wily Mo, which is basically from my vantage point during the game. The other is of one of the wackiest names in the majors - Lyle Overbay. I think this name is insanely funny, though I'm not sure why. Milton Bradley is probably a funnier one.





Both the Wednesday and Thursday night games were total pitching poopers. Wells was embarrassingly off. Clement had horrible location problems. But I appreciated the rally last night. That's the best summary I can surmise at this point. I've been pretty busy these last few days and my next blogging opportunity might not present itself until Monday night. I will be going to the Patriot's Day game - sweet seats, too - so I am predicting a decent post with some nice shots then.

In the meantime, I am thoroughly enjoying Schilling's outing thus far. Manny's record against Moyer is really decent. 16 homers in 44 at bats or something like that. Plus a bunch of hits. His average against Moyer is in the high .300s. God, I'm lazy. I can't even do the 5 seconds of research required to post accurate information. He can't get anything done tonight, though (bottom of the 5th).

Oh, and Trotter's wife is running in the marathon. As is Timlin's and Curt's. Word on the street is that Trot might be healthy enough to pinch hit this weekend.

Lastly, Lowell is kicking serious ass, in general.

2 Comments:

At 11:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have fun at the game on Mundee!
I'm glad to hear Mrs. Trot is running this year. Maybe she'll run into Architecture Sucks or The Man!

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

And you'll see Lenny Dinardo pitching. Who knows? You might be at the right place at the right time during the right game to remember in September's long shadows that, yeah, I was there for Lenny's first start. Happy holiday to you and Obi.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home