Monday, April 24, 2006

Horrible

Does anyone understand the point of this ad?



First of all, the monster playing the guitar is actually animated. It's, like, tapping its big monster foot and its eyes bulge out, adding some sort of expression to an otherwise boring animated monster. The ad is for a mortgage company, I think, so I don't quite get the whole monster deal. And what kind of guitar is that, anyway? You see how it gets all pointy at the end? Also odd are the the 2 adjoining hearts in mid-air and the rose in the monster's mouth. I'm guessing that this ad was developed around Valentine's day (snow on the ground), but I hardly see the significance. And lastly, could the type be bitmapped any more severely? Ads like this just infuriate me. Internet ads, in general, get on my nerves, but when I see something like this, I just go nuts.

3 Comments:

At 10:04 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Clemens to Yanks a done deal? See my blog WC on this Tues. AM

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Jere said...

I saw a simiar ad! Must be the same company. Here's the catch with the other one: I can't even guess what is going on in it. It appears to be some type of robot, and when you put the cursor over a state, it, like, does something. I can't even say what. It moves, and the states light up from top to bottom.

I think they really think we're stupid, and they just say, get a creature, and animate it...that's all they'll need! To...buy...our product...or whatever.

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger Kim said...

Peter - You know, I hope Clemens fucking joins the Yankees. I hope they give him too much money and they still lose.

Jere - I know, it's really weird. Maybe it's done bad purposely, like the Mentos commercials.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home