Saturday, April 22, 2006

U-G-L-Y, And We Ain't Got No Alibi

I can't imagine how tired both the Red Sox and the Jays were today. Last night's name was exhausting to watch, let alone play. The Jays, since they won the first game, might have had a little extra energy at 1:05 today. One thing's for sure - if you're a Red Sox fan, these last two games were ugly. The Sox blew a lead last night, only to go into extra innings. tax their bullpen and lose. Today's game was a disaster. Did any of you think that Trot was making an effort to go to 2nd base? That was so bizarre. Not only was he the victim of this bullshit call, but his one RBI saved us from the humilation of no score.

I hate the Granite City Electric commercials. They showcase the worst jokes I think I've ever heard in my life (Q: Why did the light bulb quit his high pressure job? A:Because he was burnt out. Come on.) They annoy me a lot more when we're losing. On a similar note, I did some research on the new Dunkin Donuts commercial (Doing things is what I like to do ... YES!) and it turns out that They Might Be Giants actually wrote it. How 'bout that?

I'll try to end this entry on a fun note. Papelbon got one of these:

5 Comments:

At 7:12 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

What are you thinking, Jonathon? Although the way he tosses the ball, anything is forgiven,

 
At 12:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually it was buckskin Bill. And then speed racer and Johny Quest.


yours trully,

European guy

 
At 12:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice Blogin

You know it was Johnny Quest and Speed Racer around 5.

yours trully!
european guy,

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Peter - I'm a total fan of the mohawk. His getting one ups his credibility with me, if that's even possible.

I guess it was Speed Racer at 5. I could never get into Johnny Quest, for whatever reason. Hong Kong Fooey was on very early during the weekdays, as well. Did they have the same cartoons and schedule in Europe, European guy?

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger Jason said...

Just stumbled on the myspace page for They Might Be Donuts... haha.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home