Wednesday, April 12, 2006

"You can't really dust for vomit."

Am I the only one with a cat who strategically vomits on things? I have lived in a hardwood floor environment most of the time I've had Obi Wan, yet he consistently targets throw rugs, shoes, and sofa cushions when he pukes. Never mind the expanse of hardwood and linoleum. No. It must be something that could potentially be stained or ruined. Also, I've noticed that he's a nocturnal puker. His favorite time for gurgly projection is somewhere around 3 AM, when I'm enjoying a nice, deep sleep. The heaving wakes me, but I'm too exhausted to do much about it. I'm awake enough to realize what's going on and make a silent plea to the universe to keep his vomit on the wood or tile. Never happens, save for the occasional foamy splotch. And there's nothing worse than sliding an unknowing sock through the ick.

I love the guy, and I know that vomiting is par for the course when it comes to felines, but he pelted a pair of brown Mary Janes last night and it really annoyed me.

6 Comments:

At 10:31 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Yeah, but you love him to death. So momentary pissed off-ness melds back to love. I know with my little guy, who will be 18 next month (and that scares the heck out of me), every day is a gift. And he's doing great. Maybe while you were at the game he turned on the TV, saw NESN, and it was Boomer who started his stomach twirling. You never know. So hi Obi, and hi to you. I hope you had some fun last night.

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Rebecca said...

gross. my cats rarely vomit, and when they do they stick to hardwood. Boy am I lucky. A friend of mine started using an anti-hairball food and claims it's really worked.

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Kim said...

I now realize that this does not bode well if I ever want to be a mother. You know, to a person.

I've never scolded Obi or anything. He's a cat and doesn't know any better. I just wish I could cajole him to be more mindful of the spots. And, yes, I love my cat to pieces. Even when he runs and screams and pukes in the middle of the night.

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

He runs to you, in the end. And that's the best....

 
At 8:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kim, it's Jere's mom.
When we left the house for the condo, the previous owners had every floor covered with one big expanse of white carpeting. Spike, Truffy and Tabitha gazed across the pure broadloom and I cold tell the look in their eyes said, "Puke Heaven!"

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger Kim said...

I could be looking at this all wrong - maybe the carpets are like blank canvases and this is how the cats artistically express themselves!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home