Monday, May 01, 2006

The Big Ragu

I am so thrilled that Doug Mirabelli is coming home. What a way to put a little spring in our step tonight! Sometimes I think that front office works with the marketing department to deliver things like this during high drama baseball times. Bard is probably relieved to go to the Padres. It's got to be a tremendous amount of pressure to (a) catch the knuckle ball and (b) do it in Boston, where patience is as thin as Natural Lite in a keg. I hear that we were able to hand off ole Cla Meredith, too. Good riddens.

Another twinge of irony: Johnny Damon is always citing the Red Sox for dismanteling the team and talking about how much he loves playing for a club that is dedicated to retaining its players. So, how funny is it that Mirabelli is catching tonight?

[Update: You know, I was thinking - this is one of those things that you sit around wishing would happen, but then reality kicks in and you say to yourself: Nah! Think about it, though. The boomerang factor is pretty high with the Red Sox these days:

1. Theo left, Theo came back.
2. Doug left, Doug came back.

Red Rover, Red Rover, send Pedro right over! That's my next wish. Shooting for the moon while the universe is feeling generous. Hmmmm ... who could we give the Mets?]

4 Comments:

At 12:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, this couldn't come at a better time! I feel bad for Mr. Bard, he was set up to fail. I like Loretta and I think his bat will come around, but I never thought they should have traded Douggie...what he lacked with the timber, he made up for by saving runs from coming in on PB's and WP's

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Kim said...

And don't forget about hitting left handed pitching!
He wasn't as clutch last year, but in previous seasons he was fairly productive in clutch situations and usually on many days rest.

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger twitch124 said...

Yes! bring back Pedro! We need more dramatic hair and dramatic statements!

(I'm not being sarcastic. I want the sox to go back to the stoners, drunks, and personalities teams of lore.O)

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger Kim said...

We also need another starter. DiNardo isn't cutting the DiMustard. At least not in my opinion.

And hell yeah on the crazy hair!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home