Thursday, May 18, 2006

Extreme Poker?

That dumb NY-Boston poker challenge crap is gracing NESN once again. General questions/observations:

1. Did you even know that Boston won the challenge last year? Every time I tuned in, Boston was down to their last player and it was bullet sweating time. I just figured that the NY team took the trophy home without effort.

2. The Boston team is comprised of a bunch of dorks. And this year is worse than last with that goody-two-shoes Wellesley College type on the team. She angers me so much, I can't be bothered to look up her name. All I know is that she complains about how "rude" New Yorkers are in the commercials. When was the last time you went to Haymarket, lady?

3. The New York team always has some arrogant jerk. This year, I think they have 2. Some guy with crazy hair is this year's Adam Shoenfeld. I swear, they pick people like this because they are playing into the whole stereotype. It's the non-New Yorker's view of what every single New Yorker is like (much like those Red Sox lottery ticket commercials on the radio where they fake poll a few "New Yorkers" and ask them what they think of the game. Awful.)

4. Is poker a sport? Why the heck is it on NESN?

2 Comments:

At 2:14 PM, Blogger Jere said...

Yeah, I saw that, where the lady says, "I just think New yorkers as a whole are rude." And I was like, "Hope the Red Sox win and YOU lose your stupid poker game, lady." (I could have been much more rude than that, too!)

 
At 12:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That woman played quite erratically and was eliminated early from the episode I watched. In her post-tank interview, she was all, "I think I scared them."

I think everyone else was scared--scared that she would have a nervous breakdown at the table and begin sobbing uncontrollably.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home