Wednesday, May 31, 2006

New Look for Ortiz

Before:


After:


Next Step:


Meanwhile, Manny is putting manure under his cap. His hair is really growing.

Lastly, I think that Troy Glaus has shades of Richard Kind (from Mad About You):
Glaus:


Kind:


[Poor, Pauley - he's not feeling very good about himself (he sort of looked like he might have been crying, actually). How is it his fault that the Red Sox have such a hole in their starting rotation? Actually, for a major league debut, I don't think he did that badly. This Toronto team is tough. I'm just glad that we were able to pounce on a rare shitty Lilly performance.]

2 Comments:

At 12:09 PM, Blogger Jere said...

That was one of the funniest moments of the year: After showing repeated shots of Pauley, looking like he'd just allowed Earth to be defeated by aliens, just totally dejected, shot after shot, one expression sadder than the next...they cut back to him for one more shot, and there's Timlin, suddenly next to Pauley, casually eating an apple.

(A head of lettuce would've been too over-the-top.)

(And I also made the immediate "Pauly from Rocky" connection and decided it was my favorite, beating out Totally Pauley, Pauley un-Shore, Pauley Walnuts, and even my dad's brilliant Pauley Pavillion.)

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger Kim said...

I know, Pauley had Derek Lowe face, but with a really pronounced inhale/exhale. At one point, NESN cut over to Tito, who was talking about the kid's debut and he said something like, "I just told him to enjoy it. You never forget you're first time up there. It's really special." Uh, I'm sure that there are moments that Pauley would have liked to have forgotten.

Wow - so many Pauley references I didn't think of. I grew up with a kid (he wasn't a cousin, but was labeled as such due to the close nature of my parents' circle of friends) whose name was Paul. He was called "Pauley" for years. Sometimes, he was "Little Paul," since his dad was Paul Sr. No one would have ever known this if I had mentioned it, however (except for my mom).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home