Wednesday, May 17, 2006

The Return of Eric Frede and The Sun

All I saw of last night's game was Pap. I caught Timlin's relief outing in the postgame, hosted by Jim Rice and ... Eric Frede!

I enjoyed a cool "pot luck" style dinner with my friend Anne, who isn't even remotely interested in baseball. People like this exist. And lots of them are great people. She's a neighbor of mine who I just recently met. Anyway, I rarely have company and as we were chatting, I noticed things. Embarrassing things. Like, the fact that I just leave my medication out in the kitchen and I write silly reminder notes to myself on my dry erase board. It's a little difficult to rid the room of these things after your friend has been standing there for a while. I was able to snag the medication, but how do you casually start wiping down your dry erase board in mid conversation? Awkward.

Anyway, I was disappointed by the Yankees' stupid come back victory last night. I saw the final Posada run on MLB "gameday." It sucks to be the Rangers today, knowing that you squandered such a handsome lead. Mariano "The Skull" Rivera is weakening, it seems. I wonder if he's going to try another type of pitch someday.

Oh yeah, and something very weird happened last night - around 6:15 PM. This crazy thing came out of hiding:



I was at Whole Foods and everyone in the produce section just stopped what they were doing and looked out the windows, as if an alien space craft was hovering over Alewife station. The store announcer came over the PA and said, "Don't worry, ladies and gentlemen, that's just the sun." We are getting glorious sunshine this morning, but ... for ... how ... long?

6 Comments:

At 9:47 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Look, up in the sky...... I know, it was great, wasn't it? And so was the 'pen last night. Good things are brewing. And I keep my medication on top of the microwave in the kitchen so I will not forget to take 'em. And little post-it notes run my daily activities. So you're not alone, WSG.

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger Jenks said...

I cannot stand Tom Caron, so it was great to see EF last night.

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

hee... also hard to distract from such embarrassing details in that teeny little apartment of yours! (I have guests at my place so infrequently, the same thing happens to me!)

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Peter - the sun did last some in these parts. I'm taking it as a sign.

JS - Caron's got a head like a coconut.

Reb - I remember to keep my FH (fem hygiene) products tucked away. My only saving grace.

 
At 10:31 PM, Blogger The Couch Potato said...

I throw everything in the closet or in one of the twelve junk drawers I have.

I am afraid of the yellow god in the sky. Who is he and what does he want from us?

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger Kim said...

CP: It wants to tease us with its warmth and threaten us with photosynthesis! Some nerve!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home