Thursday, May 18, 2006

*Sound of Balloon Deflating*

Dear WIllie Harris,

What the fuck?

Sincerely,
Witch City Sox Girl

I mean, you could smell "rally" in the air with Papi's 2-run homer and Tejada's gift screw up (allowing Wily Mo to get on base). The stage was set with Trotter up. He was ahead of the count. Things were looking promising. And then, Harris pulled the plug with his stupid, stupid, stupid steal attempt. What a crappy way to end a game that we had a legitimate shot at winning. At least Millar got to walk away thinking, "Hey, I got a homer off the knuckleball guy. Sweet." Good for Kevin.

So, tomorrow night we face ex-Pirate/Cub/Yankee pitcher Jon Leiber. And I will be in attendance at the games in Philadelphia AKA "Baby New York." Both Friday and Saturday nights. I'm taking this show on the road, reader, so watch out! It's my annual game with my always wise and generous surrogate dad. He's an O's fan living in the City of Brotherly Love. I'm really looking forward to seeing the new stadium! I used to go see the Phillies play at the old Veteran's stadium when I lived there a while ago. The new one is supposedly all "throw back" and whatnot.

7 Comments:

At 10:40 AM, Blogger Iain said...

Philadelphia AKA "Baby New York."

A lot o' culture...

 
At 10:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brad says he was trying to pull a Dave Roberts.
Hope you find the new stadium a close second to Camden Yards. It after all was closely modeled upon it, to be diplomatic about it.

-Your always wise and generous surrogate dad.

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

One question, WCSG. Pat's, or Geno's??? I know you know what I'm talking about, and if I had to pick, I'd go with Geno's every time. Safe trip!

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger Kim said...

Well, Peter, I don't eat mammals, but, yeah, I know what you are talkin' 'bout. I guess if they made a chicken steak, I could go for that :)

Iain - that was my runner up part of the commerical, but I couldn't figure a way to work it in. Philly is a great city, but baby NY it ain't. It's Philly! Totally different and 100% cool.

PD - I really can't wait to check it out!

 
At 12:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since we are limited in the info that we get out here on the west coast, how is Adam Stern doing? BRING HIM BACK!! says Ilene.

Nick

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger Kim said...

I believe that he was sent to Pawtucket so he could hit every day, sometime in mid-April. I haven't heard much about it since. [JS might know, since she follows the PawSox pretty closely.] Harris was brought in at the same time to platoon with Mohr in center. Mainly for his speed and ability to draw a walk. Ideal for pinch running situations. At least this is what I thought until last night.

When Coco comes back, I'm not sure how things are going to shake out and if there will be a place for Stern. I miss the guy, too.

 
At 5:42 PM, Blogger The Couch Potato said...

Anyplace that specializes in cheese steaks is A-OK in my book.

Willie Goddamned Harris tops my other list. Learn the signs!

Have a great trip, WCSG!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home