Tuesday, June 06, 2006

St. Pauley Boy

Alright, I've decided to take Pauley under my wing. I'm putting on my mommy hat, folks. Maybe it's because he kind of looks like Pee Wee Herman:





Well, sometimes, he sort of looks like Judd Nelson:





Either way, I feel the need to mother him. I want to go out and buy care packages (filled with Shaws brownies and Ssips iced tea) and a copy of Chicken Soup for the Soul. I want to give him pep talks and write him letters of encouragement. I haven't felt this way since the Darrin Lewis days.

Melky Cabrera's at-bat music sounds like a candy commercial from the early 80s. Hi, yes, I'm going to be playing tonight in Yankee Stadium and I'm going to be watched by thousands, if not millions of people on television. Can you please use the music from that old Wheaties commercial when I exit the on deck circle?"

For those of you watching NESN - have you seen the commercials promoting job openings? Are they really hurting that bad? Hell, I'll send my resume.

By the way ...

I hate Cairo.


I hate A-Rod.


I hate Posada.


Hopefully, Yankee fans will have to ease their upset stomachs with "Andy Phillip's Melky of Mussina" when this game is done.

4 Comments:

At 5:41 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

You can call me Paul.

 
At 2:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pee Wee Herman? Judd Nelson? Come on, look at those eyebrows. I told you, Pauley is Greg Brady: http://www.insiderradio.com/images/
barrywilliams.jpg

You gotta keep on, keep on, keep on, keep on pitching cause Wells ain't right... la la la
Ilene

 
At 6:42 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Is that the person from the LOST airliner?

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger Kim said...

He does look like Greg Brady. I stand corrected.

When it's time for a change in the rotation, then it's time for change!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home