Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Wicked Loss

Why, oh, why do the Sox have such poor results against Kazmir? Is it the lefty thing? What is our record against lefties? Better or worse than RHPs? According to Bob Ryan, various shifts were on David. The Rays were trying to psych him out with different ones. I guess that’s what a last place team has to do against the power house that is Papi. Also crappy, the Red Sox were the opposing team during Kazmir’s first career complete game. A game I’m glad I missed.

I did see some post game, and the more I think about my friend Ilene’s theory, the more I am convinced: When McCarty joins Tom Caron or the occasional Eric Frede, the Red Sox lose. Personally, I don’t think it’s McCarty per se, but rather the bad James Cagney hair. Please, McCarty, if you are reading this, for the love of Mike, do something about the hair!

An aside - I was actually happy to read that both Lugo and Baldelli are back in the TB line up. That team needs them, to be sure. I’m a fan of Rocco’s (a) because his name is so freaking cool and (b) he’s from Rhode Island and rumored to be wicked* into the Pats. And I am a fan of Lugo’s, as we share the same birthday. Note: This is not the same as my blog’s birthday.

Have a happy and safe Fourth of July, all!



*So far, I can only think of 2 grammatical uses for the word wicked.
1. Adverb, like the above example: I never thought he cared for stamp collecting, but now he’s wicked into it. ~OR~ I wicked need to buy that book.
2. Adjective: She was driving wicked fast and I lost her!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home