Thursday, August 17, 2006

I'm Back

Well, it's been over a week, but I needed a break. My personal life has been nuts, to say the least. I think things have calmed down for the most part and I feel pretty confident that I can post with some frequency moving forward. Thanks for your patience!

While it's true that my absence has been coincident with the Sox falling out of first place, I don't think that this is by any means a permanent state of affairs, and I certainly don't hold myself responsible for it (because of my not writing). It's the injuries, folks. Trot, Jason and Tim. I hear that Jason is making better progress than Trot, but Nixon might be back in the line up as early as September 1st. I read that Jason threw a little on the field earlier in the week and I heard a rumor that he might be activated for at least part of the 5-game series this weekend, but I have seen no reports since confirming or denying this. Have any of you?

The Yanks fell to the O's today quite miserably (2-12), so that puts the Sox behind by a mere 1.5 games. Not bad shape going in. And the pitching match-ups are pretty even (Except RJ and Lester, but maybe they are more evenly matched than my gut is indicating to me. Wang and Johnson are not much of a match up, either. Ugh.). The thing that worries me is that Jason won't be behind the plate. In these critical games against New York, we really need Tek to keep pitchers' heads in the game. Again, I ask, does anyone know anything? I've been wicked out of the loop.

I am excited about the Hinske acquisition. The additional left-handed batter can do nothing but help while Trot's on the DL.

I'm really hoping that we click this weekend and gain the upper hand in the race. Prepare yourself for crazy town baseball action. It will be as nerve racking and nutty as it's going to get starting tomorrow at 1:05. Damn you, day job!

What do you think of the purple? Too much? I'm not married to it, but I needed a change.

I leave you with my old friend, Grouchy Smurf.



I hate the Yankees.

7 Comments:

At 11:38 PM, Blogger Jere said...

It's RJ-Beckett Saturday. Lester matches up with Ponson on Friday night.

But you made me nervous! Since I'm going to Sat and Sun (Sunday thanks to you) and am under the impression I'm getting the four biggies: RJ-Beckett, Schill-Moose.

The key is game one. Win that and the pressure's on--with Ponson on the hill and 1st place on the line Friday night! I like our chances if that's the case.

Nice job on the purple!

 
At 7:19 AM, Blogger Kim said...

That's my bad. I was matching them up in accordance with the boston.com module thingy, which actually compares them based on where they appear in the rotation (aces to aces, etc). Sorry for the false alarm! The Wang-Johnson match up was obviously correct because it's the next scheduled game.

Thanks for liking the purple! I hope Sunday's game doesn't wash out.

 
At 7:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lopez gives up homers in the first and second, and the O's close with Russ Ortiz and Bruce Chen (the homer king per inning) (collectively 0-15), and the Yankees lose 12-2!!!

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger Kim said...

Ah, embarrassing Yankee losses. Good stuff.

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Kim said...

I tried to address the link readability issue. I hope this helps. Personally, I think the best place to get your Sox news is Call of the Green Monster. Check out the link in the right side box.

 
At 12:53 AM, Blogger Jenks said...

Welcome back. Hated Hinske on the BJ's, like him in Boston.

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger Kim said...

Thanks, JS. Hinske seems like a nice patch for Trotter's injury issue. He can certainly field better than Wily Mo. I think he's a rental, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home